Monday, February 25, 2013

Coming Up: Features on Different Materials

In between writing some reviews, interviewing people , reasearching, and sketching for the "For Your Pleasure and Health" Kegel booklet, my job, etc, I've been compiling a list of reputable companies by the materials they specialize in.

I noticed today that my list as rather long already and I'm not finished; I also want to create illustrations, more guidance in terms of selecting specific kinds of products based on their materials, and care for different materials- so I've decided to break it up and do each material the justice it deserves. I'm working on contacting companies to get more information, as well.

I'm not sure how long it will take each to get researched, illustrated, and written up, but I'm hoping to have silicone done in the next week or so, possibly glass as well. I'm going to try to get them done at least once a week, but it depends on when I get replies from companies and many other factors.

If there are any companies you'd like to hear about specifically, let me know. I think I've got most of the important ones and some smaller manufacturers for silicone, glass, wood, metal, and stone.

I'm also starting an interesting coursera course that starts today, about AIDS: the history, effects, social impacts, and more. If you want to broaden your knowledge, I'd suggest it: the course is free and online, and you could likely just watch the lectures and do the reading without doing any of the assignments if you don't have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment